DELIVERY / INSTALLATION
Delivery for orders within 25 miles distance from our manufacturing plant in County Durham is free, for deliveries over 25 miles, the cost of your delivery is calculated on a delivery zone / distance basis and will be shown during checkout and before you place your order with us.
If you have ordered furniture we will contact you to arrange a convenient day for delivery which will be based on the estimated lead-time for the products you have ordered. If you have ordered products on more than one lead-time then the longest lead-time will apply to your order.
Generally, we estimate a lead-time of 2-3 weeks for most products.
We deliver to mainland UK as standard, deliveries outside of this will be quoted on a order by order basis. If you would like a quote for delivery outside of mainland UK please contact our sales team.
Ambic Ltd deliver many of our orders using our own fleet of vehicles, however we also have partnerships with leading courier companies and depending on what you order and where you are, we might use one or more of these to deliver your order. All deliveries are made to ground floor and if we are using a third party carrier, then delivery is usually palletised and will be kerbside delivery only. It is your responsibility to check the condition of your goods prior to accepting and signing for your delivery – if any item in your delivery is damaged, please draw this to the attention of the delivery driver and do not sign for receipt of the goods.
No, we don’t do flat pack – our furniture is fully assembled by our skilled craftsmen & delivered ready for immediate use.
Yes, we offer a complete turnaround service from design and manufacture to full installation. Our professional fitting teams are multi-disciplined enabling them to complete work in a fraction of the time of our competitors .
We are highly skilled in current and traditional plumbing and fitting procedures which minimise disruption in your school and reduces the number of Ambic staff required on site to complete your job quickly and efficiently.
If you have an existing account with us, you can buy via Purchase Order and we will invoice you in accordance with your agreed payment schedule. Simply select Purchase Order at the payment options page when you Checkout and enter your allocated Purchase Order reference.
If you would prefer to pay for your order using a credit / debit card but would still like to add your Purchase Order reference for tracking and internal audit reasons, you can enter your Purchase Order reference manually in the Order Comments section at the end of the Checkout procedure.
You can also order by telephone by contacting us on 0191 389 1888. If you require customised versions of our products, whether it be in relation to size, finish or additional features not offered in our online range, please use this option to discuss your requirements with us – if you can think of it, we can probably make it!
Our order hotline is open Monday to Thursday 8.00am to 5.00pm, Friday 8.00am to 3.30pm
You can order by fax on 0191 389 1999. Download our handy order form here.
Credit / Debit Card
We use WorldPay Secure Payment Gateway for all online purchases within our store – shop with confidence that your card details are securely processed by WorldPay using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) connection.
If for any any reason you decide to cancel your order, we’re here to help. Please note however that made-to-order and customised products cannot be returned or refunded. To return stock items or to find out more about why you can’t return bespoke products, read our returns policy.
itted furniture that is well designed and installed can really maximise space and provide a well ordered and pleasant working environment.
As our furniture is made to order, it is no problem blending new furniture with existing classroom furniture. Instead of trying to source ready made furniture that’s not quite the right size or shape, we fit and manufacture your furniture around you and your workspace rather than you fitting yourself around the constraints of someone else’s designs.
All of our fittings and fixtures are proven to be durable and safe which, coupled with our intelligent design solutions, enables ease of cleaning and maintenance. Large storage units and smooth drawers hide readily accessed material whilst cupboards, desks and workbenches can be fitted around existing pipework and wall recesses to provide clean and sleek surfaces.
We are particularly good at making the most of limited space and designing innovative storage solutions.
Our furniture will not twist and wobble because at Ambic we understand the importance of engineering to effective furniture design. We don’t make gimmicks that fall apart after twelve months. We make quality furniture that will still be state of the art after years and years of continuous service. Here’s why…
- We use medium density fibreboard (MDF) because it’s strong, rigid & durable
- The density of MDF is perfect for precision-engineered, CNC (computer numerically controlled manipulation). Provides very fine and accurate shaped cuts, rebates and drilling work
- All joints are drilled to receive wooden dowel studs which offer ‘locational’ strength
- Cam studs are screwed into joint surfaces to precisely align with cam receptors
- Metal cam receptors sunk within MDF allow ‘joint locking’ whilst providing a flush surface finish
- Vertical dividers are glued, cammed and dowelled providing further rigidity
- Dry clear wood glue strengthens each joint so movement cannot occur
- All joints are rebated which minimises movement and provides a ‘tight’ joint
- Rebated and glued solid backs to our furniture provided as standard enhance furniture strength
- Edges are profiled, sealed and gloss-lacquered twice for a durable, impact resistant finish
- Durability and strength is controlled by employment of our own team of proud, experienced craftsmen-our furniture will not twist or buckle. We engineer our furniture to maximise its strength and durability
- All of Ambic’s metalwork components are electrostatically charged then powder coated prior to being baked within our kilns. The fine paint particles react and harden to form a smooth paint finish that precisely follows the contours of the metalwork. The metalwork of your furniture will be smooth, clean and extremely hard-wearing. We have a fantastic range of colours for you to choose from!
- Furniture is delivered fully assembled, ready for immediate use and quality checked
We are approved fabricators of Solid Grade Laminates, such as Trespa. This means that we can design, fabricate & fit out washrooms, toilet cubicles, laboratory & kitchen furniture benches & worktops. We even use solid grade laminates for some of our cloakroom furniture.
Solid grade laminate is particularly suitable for worktops, having outstanding properties such as high resistance to chemical acids and alkali’s, impact and moisture resistance make this material a practical solution for applications, from laboratory to washroom worktops.
In addition it’s dense closed surface and impervious edges, permit use in the environments where hygiene, ease of cleaning and disinfection are of prime importance making it a particularly suitable material for kitchen worktops & toilet cubicles.